Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back-to-School Tax-Free Outlet Shopping

Back-to-School Tax-Free Outlet Shopping

Since I work at a university and am taking graduate courses, I am keenly aware of back-to-school season. For some strange reason, even though I'm an adult, I feel entitled to back-to-school shopping. (As if I need a special occasion to shop!) On Saturday, my husband and I headed out to our nearest outlet mall in Foley, AL with my sights set on J.Crew Factory and a few select stores. The whole store was 40% off (akin to the J.Crew Factory website), clothing was tax free, and we picked up some coupons that entitled us to get 20% off a single item and I was able to use the 15% educator discount! I never thought I would be eligible, but now that I think about it, why wouldn't I be eligible? 

In addition to hitting up J.Crew, I made a purchase at Loft Outlet and the Nine West Outlet. While walking past Loft, I insisted on looking at the window dressing, where I spied the cutest little jersey shell with pleats down the front and oh my gosh - let me catch my breath - an embellished Peter Pan collar. I ran into the store on a mission and on the hunt. After searching for a while, I decided to ask an employee. There was no one working out on the floor, so I decided to stand in line. The wonderful saleslady promptly wrestled it off the mannequin. There were a few pinholes in it from fitting securely onto the mannequin, but I usually tuck in tops and/or wear a cardigan, so this was a non-issue for me. The whole store was marked down 40%, I got a 20% damage discount and I used a 20% off coupon. I got this ~$40 top for about 15 dollars!




Check out this collar!



At Nine West, I found these versatile burlapy canvas pointy cap toe flats:



What about you? Did you do a little back-to-school shopping? Tell me what you got!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and your time.